Welcoming, enthusiastic, and engaging speaker. His insightful and provocative keynotes, workshops and breakout sessions provide reliable strategies that support men and women to bring out the best in themselves and others.
Ray Arata is the author of the recently published book, “Wake Up, Man Up, Step Up: Transforming Your Wake Up Call to Emotional Health & Happiness.” It’s a guidebook for men and a support tool for women.
Written based on his own experience, Ray understands the emotional and practical challenges a wake up call poses to your life.
Ray’s professional background includes:
- Juris Doctorate (1992-San Francisco Law School)
- Accredited Wealth Manager-16 years
- Certified Life Planner (www.kinderinstitute.com)
- Certified Money Coach (www.moneycoachinginstitute.com)
- Process Training (www.advancedcoachingandleadership.com)
- Facilitation and Leadership Training (www.mankindproject.org)
Mid-way through Ray’s 16-year career as a financial advisor, a life changing divorce prompted his commitment to his own personal development. He became a certified Life Planner and certified Money Coach. Upon leaving the Financial Services Industry Ray became a Business and Leadership Coach for several years before committing his life to coaching the “man inside “ the father/husband, leader/ businessman. Presently Ray helps people, teams and organizations remove barriers to success by teaching the ARATAcode of conduct which is based on empowering character traits that match the letters of his name; Awareness, Responsibility, Accountability, Tenacity, Acceptance.
His unique approach and code of conduct empowers men and women to use their emotional intelligence and collaborate towards mutual success despite their gender differences. Ray uses humor and effective tools to produce a win-win vision of gender equality that ends the “Battle of the Sexes”. Blending lessons in leadership, inclusion, and emotional intelligence, as well as principles that align with broad audiences across a variety of industries, Ray’s customized programs cover topics such as:
- How personal awareness of our parental role models can positively influence our beliefs and behaviors with respect to gender
- How taking individual responsibility for ‘rewriting” our ineffective beliefs and behaviors can empower our relationships with people and teams
- How embracing and incorporating accountability into our relationships, leadership style, and projects contributes to success
- How a commitment to tenacity is required to overcome injustice and effect positive change
- How acceptance of differences in others combined with respect for those same differences fosters productive and innovative relationships and teams
Keynote # 1
Inspire collaborative partnership, engagement and mutuality by being emotionally intelligent and aware of your gender influences
To be successful, companies need the full engagement of their entire workforce-both women and men. True collaborative leadership requires a mindset shift from “me” to “we”, a style of leadership that finds ways to include everybody’s unique, individual contributions.
Using emotional intelligence derived from understanding how parental gender influences affects our behavior helps men and women successfully lead, form teams, and be in successful business relationships. Research shows that the business case for gender equality is clear; by eliminating gender bias, companies can reap significant benefits, including improved access to and retention of top talent and higher employee commitment.
Through this program, which is based on key principles of his book, Wake Up Man Up Step Up, Ray Arata illustrates how awareness of non-serving unconscious gender bias can contribute to improved presence, collaboration, partnering and mutuality with others.
- Appeals to both men and women because it acknowledges the influences of their personal leadership role models, is compassionate toward them and builds trust and empathy for others
- Has a dual focus that emphasizes both men and women need to be part of the solution
- Assists men in seeing the opportunities of engaging in gender initiatives
- Empowers women to ask for what they want
- Empowers men to aspire to a healthy functioning collaborative win-win model
Keynote # 2
Create Inclusion, synergy, and improved business relationships by being authentic leaders
Authentic collaborative leadership is fundamental to the mutual success of men and women, their teams, and their companies. Recent research shows that traditional feminine leadership and values are now more popular than the macho paradigm of the past, with employees (especially millennials) wanting more of a focus on empathy, collaboration, listening, being vulnerable and community oriented. Through this program, which is based on core principles of his book Wake Up Man Up Step Up, Ray Arata illustrates how traditionally feminine values impact leadership, relationships, trust, and productivity.
- Humorously dispels outdated and non-functioning masculine norms that historically drove leadership styles
- Helps women leaders to understand men so they can improve relationships and productivity
- Provides valuable insight to men on how their emotional intelligence can support their relationships with women and heighten their success
- Assists men in seeing the benefits of inclusionary leadership
- Helps people to reduce and prevent conflict
The program can be adapted for mixed audiences as well as gender specific audiences.
- Support Accountability in the workplace
- Core Values and Active Listening
- Leveraging Emotional Intelligence into your Teams and Projects